Located in Busano (Turin), Successori Milano s.a.s has been operating since 1952. It specialises in stock removal on steel parts resulting from castings, forgings and bars weighing between 0 and 30 kg.
Successori Milano also provides parts manufactured under "full account". Their reliable suppliers in forgings and foundries give the necessary support for primary processing. The know-how acquired in over fifty years, combined with technological excellence and business structure make Successori Milano the ideal partner for supplying small and medium batches.

 


Successori Milano S.a.s. operates in a 4,100m2 industrial complex, whose 1,350 are indoor.
The indoor area involves a production department fitted with machinery and equipment and a warehouse, plus management and operational offices and a metrological lab. The premises are located in Busano, in an easily reachable area, next to the motorway and 20 minutes far from Turin.



The company was set up by the CEO’s grandparents. Forno Canavese, October 1952: Officina Meccanica Girot e Milano was born in a booming industrial period. At that time the business activity was frenetic: since the mid-nineteenth century the area had been studded with forgings and foundries. The tiny village of Forno was known as the "Little Ruhr in Canavese." With a simple centre lathe and a bench-type drilling machine the activity was ready to go. And, in the Fifties, that wasn't a small feat.

In the beginning the Company manufactured equipment and tools for a modern bar automatic lathe - a glorious Petrazzini – that in 1953 began producing spare parts for FIAT OSA. The business grew quickly, alongside with a constant need for more space. In 1956 the premises were moved to vicolo Operai 11, once headquarters of Bartolomeo Truchetti, a famous local company specialized in cutlery and household goods, which closed at the end of Thirties. Thanks to the space and to the first profits from production, the company purchased and installed new machinery, which allowed to quickly expand the Customer portfolio. The company started to produce nuts and hubs on consignment for local companies and, between 1958 and 1960, it manufactured the first parts for the State Railways, transforming raw material provided by local hot-forming companies.

In 1960 the company changed its name to Ditta Milano Giuseppe – Officina Meccanica. In order to provide Customers with a more efficient service, the Company, supported by local hot-forming factories, supplied its first on-consignment projects, alongside with those on account for manufacture. 1967 was a crucial year as the company qualified as State Railways’ supplier and started producing spare parts for suspension and for the braking system of locomotives and wagons, dealing with the entire transformation and assembly cycle, from raw/forged material acquisition to the shipment of parts ready for assembly. It provided spare parts for several Officine Grandi Riparazioni of State Railways (Verona, Florence and Turin) and it took part, through a representative, in tenders for supplying railway rolling stock. Tenders were periodically held in the general premises of the State Railways in Rome. The supply of railway rolling stock and their spare parts continued until 1990, and reached its peak between 1970 and 1975, as main workshop activity.

In the following years, considering the increasing difficulty in acquiring new orders for the complexity of the rail supply, the outsourced mechanical activity was enhanced and the company acquired more efficient machinery. Innovative hydraulic lathes with control pins replaced old centre lathes allowing more precise activities, optimizing the production cycle. In 1978, after the death of founder Giuseppe Milano, who was the sole owner, the company changed its name to Successori Milano s.n.c. and the administration and management of the Company passed to his son, Domenico Milano, supported by his family.

The main activity in this period was the mechanical machining related to on-consignment material. Alongside with the railway supplies, new products were launched for agricultural machinery, earth moving machinery and special bearings for conveyors and forklifts. An activity which, expanded and improved with the introduction of new technologies, has always been crucial up to now. The introduction of the first CNCs in 1988 was a was a major step forward, as they allowed to quickly and accurately perform more complex processes for a top quality product. In 2001 the Company moved to Busano.

Forno Canavese was the cradle of the Company, full of memories and traditions, but its surface was limited and the new site was logistically appealing. In Busano the Company installed new machinery, boosting its production. This is another important step forward for Successori Milano s.a.s.